Home for sale - Cape Girardeau
1 Oakenwold, Cape Girardeau
1 Oakenwold truly is a rare historical treasure an estate and elegant home of yesteryear. Built in 1903 the home sits atop 22.5 acres overlooking the Mississippi river. Current owners are the only family to own the property outside of the original family. The majestic entry to the estate consists of original pillars fabricated from stones found on the property once welcoming horse & buggies. With 5 bedrooms and 3 ½ baths & 5,000 square feet of carefully thought out preservation & restoration. Kitchen has original cabinets with farm sink & soapstone countertops added.Original Wood floors & chandeliers, marble ledges & subway tiles. Uniqueness abounds from the ballroom to the conservatory to the magnificent curved stairwell you cannot replace or replicate the style or history of this home. A circle drive takes you around the entire home. Several outbuildings with a carriage house & former ice house.Your very own estate with privacy and wildlife, yet you can walk downtown within minutes.
- Status: Active
- School district: Cape Girardeau
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3 ½
- Includes approx. 22.5000 acres
- Square footage is approx. 5,034
- Heating: Forced air
- Cooling: Central air
- Water system: Well
- Sewer system: Septic
- Dish washer
- Garbage disposal
- This listing provided courtesy of the Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange. © 2017 MARIS. This website does not display the entire MARIS IDX database. Property listings of some REALTOR® brokerage firms have been excluded.
- This property has been viewed 28 times.
- This listing was last updated September 13, 2017.
- All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.