Pending: Home for sale - Cape Girardeau
1 Oakenwold, Cape Girardeau
1 Oakenwold truly is a rare historical treasure, an estate and home of yesteryear. Built in 1903 the home sits atop 22.5 acres overlooking the Mississippi river. Current owners are the only family to own the property outside of the original family. The majestic entry to the estate has original pillars fabricated from stones found on the property once welcoming horse & buggies. With 5 BR and 3 ½ baths & 5,000 square feet of carefully thought out preservation & restoration. Kitchen has original cabinets with farm sink & soapstone countertops, sub zero fridge. Original refinished wood floors & chandeliers, marble ledges & subway tiles. Uniqueness abounds from the ballroom to the conservatory to the magnificent curved stairwell you cannot replace or replicate. Several outbuildings with a carriage house & former ice house. New roof, HVAC, security system, main floor laundry added. Your very own estate with privacy, riverviews & wildlife, yet you can walk downtown within minutes.
- Status: Pending
- School district: Cape Girardeau
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3 ½
- Includes approx. 22.5000 acres
- Square footage is approx. 5,034
- Heating: Forced air
- Cooling: Central air
- Water system: Well
- Sewer system: Septic
- Dish washer
- Garbage disposal
- This listing provided courtesy of the Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange. © 2018 MARIS. This website does not display the entire MARIS IDX database. Property listings of some REALTOR® brokerage firms have been excluded.
- This property has been viewed 12 times.
- This listing was last updated August 10, 2018.
- All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.