Home for sale - Oran
111 South Railroad Street, Oran
Here is your opportunity to own a piece of Oran's history! This 5 Bed/2.5 Bath Home has history that dates back to the 1880s when it was home to Captain Ward Smith, a retired Sea Captain that settled in the area. Captain Smith named Oran after a town in North Africa that he visited on one of his voyages. It was a hub of activity over the years as it served as Post Office and Railroad office. In the 1950s it became the town's funeral home and an addition was added to bring the space to over 3,500 sq. ft. It was later renovated to be a home again and now has space for a large family with 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, family room, den, office, & much more. 12 ft. ceilings with tin ceiling tiles, original wood flooring, & many more historical features hidden in the walls! It would be a great investment property to convert to a duplex or multi-unit apartment building. With some TLC, this home's history can continue on a new journey!
- Status: Active
- School district: Oran R-3
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2 ½
- Includes approx. 1.8500 acres
- Square footage is approx. 3,556
- Water system: Public water
- Sewer system: Public sewer
- This listing provided courtesy of the Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange. © 2018 MARIS. This website does not display the entire MARIS IDX database. Property listings of some REALTOR® brokerage firms have been excluded.
- This property has been viewed 19 times.
- This listing was last updated September 11, 2018.
- All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.